Cuba: Cuban Women's Ways of Knowing - Lessons about Issues and Solutions from Women's Perspectives
February 22, 2014 - March 04, 2014
Total Cost: $1600 plus airfare and $75 visa processing fee
Total due: January 19, 2014
Deposit due: December 19, 2013
Hear and experience the unique
perspectives of grassroots Cuban women who experience and organize to resolve
issues that create an impact on the well-being of women and their families.
This delegation will intentionally include space for women’s voices and
women’s work in diverse and interconnected arenas such as:
- Engage with Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Center’s
ecumenical network of Women leaders.
- Meet with community organizers and visit community
projects focusing on health, art, and popular education.
- Visit sustainable agriculture projects and meet with women
involve in urban and rural farming, permaculture and environmental protection.
- Learn about campaigns against homophobia and promoting
rights for transgendered people.
- Discuss the role of women in Cuban faith communities with
female religious leaders from different backgrounds.
- Learn about the Cuban public health system and
- Learn about issues of poverty, female headed households,
domestic violence, sexual assault, the sex industry from women who have direct
experience supporting other women.
- Hear the hopes and dreams of Cuban women for themselves,
their families and our planet.
Download Delegation Flyer
This is a legally
licensed People-to-People delegation, which will offer a full-time schedule of
educational exchange activities that will result in meaningful interaction
between the travelers and individuals in Cuba.