The Southeast Region of Witness for Peace encompasses Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas and Louisiana. It is one of the most active and longest-lived regional chapters of WFP.
Please visit our free-standing Witness for Peace Southeast website for more detailed information on past and present activities. For more than 30 years, Witness for Peace has worked to reform US policies toward Latin America. Gail Phares, based in North Carolina, is the founder of WFPSE and one of WFP’s founders.
Please send emails to the WFPSE office
Further contact info:
By US Postal Service:
PO Box 12123
Raleigh, NC 27605
By Phone: (919) 856-9486
Our office is located at 2501 Clark Avenue, Raleigh NC on the third floor of the Fairmont United Methodist Church. Please call or email us to set up a meeting.
Upcoming Southeast Region Delegations
- January 21 - January 30
- March 19 - March 28
- June 30 - July 11
Upcoming Speaker Tours:
Deportation and Forced Migrations: The View from Honduras
Join us at one of our Fall Speaker’s tour events with renowned feminist and activist Neesa Medina. Neesa will present a feminist perspective of current events, and the impact of US policy in Honduras.
Since the 2009 military coup in Honduras, murders and attacks against Honduran human rights defenders have reached alarming levels.
The U.S. continues to send tens of millions of dollars in aid to the Honduran police and military who have been involved in human rights abuses. In addition, the U.S. backs neoliberal projects that lead to displacement and migration. Come and join us at one of our events to learn more!
For more information on Neesa’s amazing work see the below links:
• October 10, 12:15 p.m.: Vanderbilt University in Buttrick 123, Nashville, Tennessee
• October 11, 4:00 p.m.: University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
• October 12, 7:00 p.m.: Spalding University, Lousiville, Kentucky
• October 16, 7:00 p.m.: Appalachian State University in Belk Library 114, Boone, North Carolina
• October 17, 7:00 p.m.: North Carolina State University in Park Shops 201, Raleigh, North Carolina
• October 18 2:00 p..m.: Coker College Library, Hartsville, South Carolina
• October 18 7:00 p.m.: Heyward St United Methodist Church, 2501 Hayward St. Columbia, South Carolina
• October 19 7:00 p.m.: Winthrop University, Rock Hill, South Carolina
• October 20th, 12:15-1:15 p.m.: Elon University at Holt Chapel on the South Campus, Elon, North Carolina
• October 22, Event in Washington D.C. to be Announced
• October 23, University of Virginia