Northwest activists live in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska.
Northwest activists join Witness for Peace delegations, raise awareness about the effects of U.S. foreign policy on Latin America, and pressure their government decision-makers to respect human rights.
Please like us on Facebook.
If you are interested in getting involved in the WFP Northwest region, please contact: Kris Hannigan-Luther, Organizer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Join WFPNW on a delegation this April!
October Tour Report & Appreciation:
¡Gracias a Roberto y RNDDH y FNLS por su solidaridad!
Roberto joined WFPNW for a three week tour, which took him to 15 cities in 4 states, where he participated in over 30 events and met with over 600 people (plus thousands more through two radio interviews, a TV appearance and YouTube).
Roberto Mendoza Pérez from Mexico’s National Network for the Defense of Human Rights (RNDDH) and the National Front in the Struggle for Socialism (FNLS) accompanied us in the Northwest, giving educational presentations, “Human Rights in Mexico: How US Policies Affect State Violence, Militarization, and Displacement.” RNDDH and FNLS members are indigenous teachers, small farmers, students and elders, working in defense of their human rights, and facing repression by the Mexican government.
Please stay tuned for ways to listen to Roberto’s presentation and ways to take action!
If you have interest in traveling with Witness for Peace to Mexico to learn about the effects of our US policies firsthand, join us in April, 2018 on our delegation, “Mexico: Resisting Economic and State Repression.” Learn more here.
Thanks to everyone who supported our WFPNW tour!
- Roberto Mendoza Pérez, RNDDH & FNLS
- Saraí Jimenez, WFP International Team, Mexico
- WfP team
- Maria Bustos-Fernandez, University of Montana
- Jay Bostrom
- Jodi Pavilack, University of Montana
- Nancy Leifer
- the Jeannette Rankin Peace Center, Missoula
- Human Rights Education Institute (HREI), Coeur d’Alene
- Emerge, Coeur d’Alene
- Jeni Hegsted
- Monica Maldonado
- Gordy Hannigan-Luther
- Lindy Scott, Whitworth University
- Speaker & Artists Series, Whitworth University
- World Languages & Cultures Dept., Whitworth University
- Kelly Ryan, Bethel UCC, White Salmon
- Rick Fellows
- Traditions Café, Olympia
- Peter Bohmer, TESC, Olympia
- Anne Goranson
- Neah Monteiro
- Whatcom Peace & Justice Center, Bellingham
- Mick Cunningham, WWU
- James Loucky, WWU
- Fairhaven College
- Niall OMurchu, Fairhaven
- Chris Rowell, World Issues Forum, Fairhaven
- Gillian Locascio, Washington Fair Trade Coalition
- Representative Jayapal’s Seattle office staff
- Dave & Kelly & Ryan Pearson
- Mariah and Jake Rosenblum
- Seattle University, Latin American Studies Dept.
- Serena Cosgrove, Seattle U
- Marc McLeod, Seattle U
- Mike McCormick, KEXP, Talking Stick TV
- Roz & Norm Luther
- John Reinke
- Karen Murphy
- DeLona & Martin Campos-Davis
- Becki & Pat Rawson & Celia
- Rick Fellows
- Aleita Hass-Holcombe & Alan Holcombe
- Bob & Judy Hannigan
- Radio Movimiento, Woodburn
- PCUN, Woodburn
- Capaces Leadership Institute, Woodburn
- Casa Latinos Unidos de Benton County, Corvallis
- Yazmin Brambila
- Sunflower House
- Western Oregon University
- Emily Plec, WOU
- Polk Community for Human Equality
- Carol Christ
- Cathy Howell
- Willamette University
- Karen Wood, WU Chaplain
- Convocation Class, WU
- Kelley Strawn, WU
- Gordon Toyama, WU
- Lewis & Clark College
- Angela Buck, Inclusion & Multicultural Engagement
- Gente Latina Unida, Lewis & Clark
- John Walsh
- Jack Herbert
- Portland Central America Solidarity Committee (PCASC)
- Beth Poteet
- Patricia Toledo
- Cristian Salgado
- Portland Voz
- Martin Luther King Jr. Worker Center
- Russell Lum, Oregon Fair Trade Campaign
- Senator Merkley’s Portland area office staff
- Oregon Rural Organizing Project