The Northwest Region of Witness for Peace encompasses Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska.
Activists in this region join Witness for Peace delegations, raise awareness about the effects of U.S. foreign policy on Latin America and pressure their government decision-makers to respect human rights.
Click here to connect with the Northwest Region Facebook page
If you are interested in getting involved with Witness for Peace in the Northwest region, please contact Kris Hannigan-Luther, Regional Organizer, email@example.com, 208-771-3527
Upcoming Speaker’s Tour
We are excited to announce the 2017 Witness for Peace Northwest speaking tour with Roberto Mendoza Pérez from Mexico’s National Network for the Defense of Human Rights (RNDDH) and the National Front in the Struggle for Socialism (FNLS). His tour is titled: “Human Rights in Mexico: How US Policies Affect State Violence, Militarization, and Displacement.” This October Mr. Mendoza Pérez will join WFPNW in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana. RNDDH and FNLS members are indigenous teachers, small farmers, students and elders, working in defense of their human rights, and facing repression by the Mexican government. Professional translation for all presentations will be provided.
Please join with us. Come to an event near you to learn more and to take action. Contact Kris (firstname.lastname@example.org) to help organize a tour event in your area. We are looking for housing and meal hosts, event coordinators, local activists for legislative visits, and partner organizations.
· October 3 Missoula Montana, University of Montana, 5:00 p.m
· October 4 Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, Human Rights Education Institute & Emerge
· October 5-6 Spokane, Washington, Whitworth University,
· October 8 Hood River, Oregon & White Salmon, WA, Bethel UCC
· October 9-10 Olympia, Washington, Evergreen State College
· October 10-11 Bellingham, WA, Fairhaven College, World Issues Forum (10/11): 12:00- 1:20 p.m.
· October 11-13 Seattle, Washington
· October 16 Woodburn, Oregon, PCUN, Radio Movimiento
· October 17 Monmouth, Oregon, Western Oregon University, Werner University Center, Columbia Room: 12:30-2:00 p.m. & Polk Community for Human Equality
· October 18 Corvallis/Eugene, Oregon
· October 19 Salem, Oregon, Willamette University, Convocation: 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
· October 19 Portland, Oregon, Lewis and Clark College, 6:00 p.m.
· October 20 Portland, OR, Multnomah Friends Mtg House, 4312 SE Stark: 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Please stay tuned as other details are confirmed, and be in touch if you’d like to help coordinate an event in your community!
If you are unable to join us in person, stay tuned for opportunities to take action, ways to see a video of Roberto’s presentation, and an opportunity to join an event through Facebook Live.
If you have interest in traveling with Witness for Peace to Mexico to learn about the effects of our US policies firsthand, join us in March, 2018 on our delegation, “Mexico: Resisting Economic and State Repression.” Learn more here.