Maroon Roots and Revolutionary Cuba Today
March 9 - March 16
This delegation will have the chance to learn about the history of Cuba and the country’s present conditions and continued commitments towards education and healthcare. Meet with Cubans and hear first-hand about the impact of the U.S. foreign policy and the embargo on everyday life. Visit health care clinics, learn about preventative health care practices, alternative therapies, and food sovereignty. Delegates will have the chance to participate in meetings and workshops with community leaders who exemplify Cuba’s strong commitment to international solidarity within Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa and Black Liberation struggles in the U.S.
- Learn about the history of the Cuban Revolution and its accomplishments.
- Examine Cuban national priorities, such as universal education and health care.
- Visit schools, museums, cultural and historical sites.
- Learn about the African Diaspora in Cuba and African spirituality.
- Discuss with Cubans the effects of recent changes in U.S. and Cuban relations including the longstanding U.S. embargo.
Apply by invitation only. POC preferred.
Deadline: Applications due: 1-21-2018. $150 deposit due: 1-25-018. Remainder of balance due: 2-19-2018.
Cost: $1,300 (this costs includes $150 deposit). (If on a payment plan a total of $650 will be due before travel).
*Price includes: visa fee, insurance, all meals, lodging, facilitation, interpretation, & Cuba transportation.
*Price doesn’t include: passport costs, airfare, and personal incidentals.
For more information, contact Natalia Mendoza, firstname.lastname@example.org