Check out our TEN New Year’s resolutions and help us keep them!
Check out our TEN New Year’s resolutions and help us keep
Witness for Peace Southwest 2013 New Years Resolutions and
Top Five Highlights of 2012.
2013 New Years Resolutions for Witness for Peace
1. Honduras: End US
aided Human Rights Abuses and support the Honduran Resistance Movement.
2. Colombia: send
human rights observers to peace communities in Uraba.
3. Migrants Rights:
Send human rights workers to the California/Mexico/Border region and advocate
for more humane immigration policies.
4. Cuba: Get Cuba
off the list of Terrorist Nations, continue to work to end the travel ban and
embargo and advocate for the Freedom of the Cuban Five.
Pressure members of the foreign operations sub-committees in Senate and House
to stop funding failed drug wars in Latin America and funding foreign
militaries that commit human rights abuses.
6. Youth organizing:
Award scholarships to students who want to join our alternative spring break
delegation to Colombia, offer youth internships and volunteer opportunities,
take a delegation of youth to do humanitarian work on the border.
7. Bring a speaker from Cuba and Honduras to the U.S for events in your area.
8. Organize Webinars on Colombia and Immigration.
9. Organize a weekend retreat conference for our members with special speakers, trainings and
10. Organize regular chapter meetings in your area.
TOP FIVE Highlights from 2012
1. This year we’ve been actively working with the Honduras
Solidarity Network, we helped get over 100 congresspersons and 7 Senators to
speak out against human rights violations in Honduras.
2. Our pressure as part of a grassroots nationwide movement
has resulted in over one million dollars of military aid cut to the Honduran
military and police.
3. On May 1st we celebrated International
Workers Day with our migrant brothers and
4. In October we hosted our Cuban partner Daisy Rojas on
a live webinar “Building Bridges with 21st
Century Cuba while she was on tour in the U.S.
5. This Fall we witnessed Honduran LBGQT activist Erick
Vidal Martinez receive an international
Gay rights award and share his stories of the Honduran resistance with hundreds
of Californian university students.
Help us make our New Years Resolutions come true!
Make a Secure Online Donation with PayPal by clicking on the Donate Button below.
For starting at only $5 a month you can become a monthly
sustainer. Click here to see our frequently asked questions and to download the
Checks can be written to WFPSW and mailed to PO BOX 1781
Ojai, CA 93024.
Thank you! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!